I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Today I wanted to give you some productivity tips to help make you more productive. Those of you who have been with me for a while know I am a productivity junkie.
Here we go……
- The night before your day look at your To-Do list and calendar.
- Print your To-Do list and calendar out and put them on your desk.
- Get a good nights sleep.
- Have a morning ritual to get your day started. Mine is taking my puppies out, having a shower, breakfast, reading the news and then looking at email.
- Take To-DO list items and schedule them in your calendar. This way they will get done.
- Do not be a slave to your email. Only check it during certain times of the day.
- The same for social media. Close it when you are not using it.
- Turn off all email, browser and smartphone notifications.
- Take a quick stretch every 2 hours or so. For me, I take my puppies out to the yard every 2 1/2 hours.
- Use a Todolist app to manage things to do. I use Google Tasks.
- Use a calendar app to manage your schedule. I use Google Calendar.
- Make sure you eat and drink properly during the day. You need the energy to function.
- Do not multitask. This just does not work.
- For a task, you have given yourself time to do, set a timer. I actually use the timer function on my Alexa.
- Find a way to automate any tasks that you do more than 3 times in a day.
I want to share with you two grat resources for productivity. The first is the Asian Efficiency group. They have a great blog and podcast. You can find them by clicking here.
The second is an oldie but a goodie. The best productivity book I have ever read is Getting Things Done by David Allen. Click here to be directed to the book.
Thank you for listening to the SDM Business, Marketing and WordPress Podcast. This show is hosted by Robert Cairns, the CEO and Chief Creator of Amazing Ideas at StunningDigitalMarketing.com
This podcast comes out every week. It is available on all podcast platforms.
If you would like to be a guest on this podcast, please email us at email@example.com
If you would like to find out more about the Digital Marketing Services we provide, please go to StuningDigitalMarketing.com
If you are interested in all the projects our CEO/Chief Creator of Amazing Ideas Robert Cairns is involved with, please go to RobertBCairns.com
This podcast is dedicated to Robert’s late father, Bruce Cairns.
Have an amazing week. Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars. Make your business succeed.