Websites are hacked every day. These days having a website means you are constantly under siege. This is a reality of doing business.
The average person can no longer DIY security. I know many of you will argue and say I save money doing security. Is that really true? Does DIY save you money in the long run? In most cases it does not!
Some reasons why doing DIY WordPress security does not save you time and money:
- It takes away from making money from your core business.
- It probably takes you longer than higher an expert.
- You do not have enough knowledge which means you make mistakes. This eventually will cost you more in the long run.
- You will forget to do your security updates. This will leave you open to a hack attempt which in the long run can cost you more money or even your business’ reputation.
These are all reasons why you should not DIY your security updates. Now someone would argue and say if WordPress has so many issues why would I not just use another platform. The reality is the following:
- WordPress is SEO friendly.
- It is easy for the end user to update.
- They do update their security issues on a regular basis.
- The WordPress community is amazing and provides great support.
- There are many free and low cost paid add-ons for WordPress.
- Most good web hosting plans and a one button WordPress install.