Today I was out today with a few colleagues and some asked me the kind of client I want to work with? I said is that a serious questions? They said it was… So it provoked some really good dialogue.
I thought I would share a list of things that I look for when I find the right client for me. They are as follows:
- A client who is more interested in a partnership then a one way relationship.
- A client who is passionate about their business.
- A client who understands the value of the work that is being done for them.
- One who realizes that I always work with a signed contract and that I require a 1/3 payment upfront.
- A client who does not complain about my rates and accepts them.
- A client who realizes that you pay an expert for a reason.
- A client who pays their bills on time.
- A client who upholds their and of the bargain. This includes deadlines for information that they need to provide.
- A client who always summaries voice conversations in writing and does not get upset when you do.
- One who appreciates you and your business ethics.
These are just a few of the things I look for when I choose the clients I want to work with. What do you look for in an ideal client? Please leave a comment at the end of the post and share your thoughts.