Last week I had the pleasure of joining Jeff Brown’s WordPress advance class by phone. The discussion we had was on the topic of Lead Pages. I thought I would write a blog post and share some of the resources which I mentioned during the call.
I also thought I would do a quick review. Some of the key points were as follows:
- Always use a Hypnotic Headline.
- On the top left under the headline use a picture. Women, pets, and Book Covers work really well.
- The picture has to be appropriate.
- Only use video if the item being sold is expensive. Do not use it as a free giveaway.
- To the right of the video use at least 3 bullet points to sell the offer.
- The button should be under the 3 bullet points. Use colors like red, orange etc.
- Do not use submit now on the button. Use words like “I Want My Free e-Book Now”.
- On all lead pages, the menus, footers should not be shown. You want to give people one choice.