One of the things that really helped me last week during my technology meltdown is I work out of the cloud a lot. This saved part of mu week and salvaged what had been an already tough week.
I tend to work out of the cloud a lot. I use many internet based services to help me functions. Some of them are as follows:
- Gmail – I forward all my email accounts to a Gmail based account. I also manage my calendar and contacts from it as well.
- Evernote – This is my note taking package. The best note taking package around.
- Dropbox – I use it for some shared files and WordPress backups.
- SkyDrive – Microsoft’s cloud based file storage.
- Google Drive – Where I stored and sync my Google documents.
The advantage to working out of the cloud is I can access my data easily from a multitude of devices. This is one of the main reasons that I moved a lot of my data to the cloud a long time ago. When my main laptop and home backup server went down, I was still able to access all my data as long as I had an internet connection.
By planning how you store your files, you can save a lot of aggravation in the long run. Smart planning will save a lot of issues and protect your business.
Please join me on Wednesday as I talk about what you need to prepare for a pc reinstall in the Windows environment.